Stedman's Medical Dictionary
DescripcióSelected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
A must-have medical reference resource!
Stedman's Medical Dictionary, 28th Edition , is the most reliable resource available for healthcare professionals, including medical students, physicians, educators, researchers, and medical language specialists. More than 45 consultants from all the major medical and health science specialties have reviewed each word for accuracy and clarity, including new consultants for the specialties of endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, and rheumatology.
- Includes more than 107,000 terms and definitions.
- Approximately 1500 color illustrations, photographs, and tables expand and clarify the meanings of the dictionary terms and help the user develop a better understanding of the terms.
- Suffixes, prefixes, and combining forms - the 'building blocks' of medical language - are marked with an icon to aid in the user learning these terms.
- Terminologia Anatomica utilized for Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy as sanctioned by the Federative Committee on Anatomical Terminology.
- Easy-to-find subentries are included on their own line for easier readability.
- Useful cross-references highlighted in blue refer the user to a preferred synonym.
- Precision cut thumb tabs help readers easily search for terms
- Superior keyword search functionality making accuracy instantaneous
- Access to more than 5,600 images illustrating key medical terms and concepts
- Customize the product using My Stedman's: add terms, add notes to terms, save searches and illustrations - all features to provide you with a personal experience that meets your needs
- 42 illuminating live-action videos from Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy present anatomy in motion
- Click-on audio icons displayed alongside approximately 60,000 terms let you hear correct pronunciations
Detalls del producte
Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Data de publicació
14 de Desembre de 2005
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats