2023 Guide to the Night Sky: A Month-by-Month Guide to Exploring the Skies Above Britain and Ireland
DescripcióThe ideal gift for all amateur and seasoned astronomers.
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price”Astronomy Now
“A handy and straightforward guide … attractive little booklet” British Astronomical Association's 'Journal'
“an ideal Christmas stocking-filler” The Observatory
From the UK’s Number One Astronomy publisher, this is the bestselling stargazing handbook to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the northern hemisphere. With 6 pages for each month covering January–December 2023.
This practical guidebook is an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers.
Designed for Britain and Ireland but usable anywhere in the world between 40°N and 60°N, covering most of Europe, southern Canada and the northern United States.
- Advice on where to start looking and a map of dark sky sites to avoid light pollution.
- Charts for the circumpolar and seasonal constellations.
- Easy-to-use star charts for each month with descriptions of objects and events to look for in 2023.
- Positions of the moon, visible planets and eclipses.
- Includes a section on comets and a detailed map of the moon.
- Now in three editions: Britain and Ireland; North America; Southern Hemisphere.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion, and approved by the astronomers of the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats