You Gotta BE the Book: Teaching Engaged and Reflective Reading with Adolescents
Jeffrey D. Wilhelm (Autor)
DescripcióThis award-winning book continues to resonate with teachers and inspire their teaching because it focuses on the joy of reading and how it can engage and even transform readers. In a time of next generation standards that emphasize higher-order strategies, text complexity, and the reading of nonfiction, "You Gotta BE the Book" continues to help teachers meet new challenges including those of increasing cultural diversity. At the core of Wilhelm's foundational text is an in-depth account of what highly motivated adolescent readers actually do when they read, and how to help struggling readers take on those same stances and strategies. His work offers a robust model teachers can use to prepare students for the demands of disciplinary understanding and for literacy in the real world. The Third Edition includes new commentaries and tips for using visual techniques, drama and action strategies, think-aloud protocols, and symbolic story representation/reading manipulatives.
- A data-driven theory of literature and literary reading as engagement.
- A case for undertaking teacher research with students.
- An approach for using drama and visual art to support readers' comprehension.
- Guidance for assisting students in the use of higher-order strategies of reading (and writing) as required by next generation standards like the Common Core.
- Classroom interventions to help all students, especially reluctant ones, become successful readers.
Detalls del producte
Teachers' College Press
Data de publicació
31 de Agost de 2016
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats