This Norton Critical Edition includes:
- The first British edition of the novel, published in 1886 by Longmans, Green, and Co., the only edition set directly from Stevenson's manuscript and for which he read and corrected proofs.
- Deborah Lutz's thorough introduction and detailed explanatory footnotes to the novel.
- Seven illustrations.
- A rich and relevant selection of background materials centered on the novel's composition, reception, and historical and cultural contexts, alongside seven of Stevenson's letters.
- Interpretative essays by Elaine Showalter, Jack Halberstam, Martin Danahay and Stephen Arata.
- A chronology and a selected bibliography.
About the Series
Read by more than 12 million students over fifty-five years, Norton Critical Editions set the standard for apparatus that is right for undergraduate readers. The three-part format-annotated text, contexts and criticism-helps students to better understand, analyse and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors. Whether in print or in digital format, Norton Critical Editions provide all the resources students need.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats