The Heaviest Metals: Science and Technology of the Actinides and Beyond
An authoritative survey of the science and advanced technological uses of the actinide and transactinide metals
The Heaviest Metals offers an essential resource that covers the fundamentals of the chemical and physical properties of the heaviest metals as well as the most recent advances in their science and technology. The authors - noted experts in the field - offer an authoritative review of the actinide and transactinide elements, i.e., the elements from actinium to lawrencium as well as rutherfordium through organesson, the current end of the periodic table, element 118.
The text explores the history of the metals, their occurrence and issues of production, and covers a broad range of chemical subjects including environmental concerns and remediation approaches. The authors also offer information on the most recent and emerging applications of the metals, such as in superconducting materials, catalysis, and research into medical diagnostics. This important resource:
- Provides an overview of the science and advanced technological uses of the actinide and transactinide metals
- Describes the basic chemical and physical properties of the heaviest metals, and discusses the challenges and opportunities for their technological applications
- Contains accessible information on the fundamental features of the heaviest metals, special requirements for their experimental study, and the critical role of computational characterization of their compounds
- Highlights the most current and emerging applications in areas such as superconducting materials, catalysis, nuclear forensics, and medicine
- Presents vital contemporary issues of the heaviest metals
Written for graduate students and researchers working with the actinide and transactinide elements, industrial and academic inorganic and nuclear chemists, and engineers, The Heaviest Metals is a comprehensive volume that explores the fundamental chemistry and properties of the heaviest metals, and the challenges and opportunities associated with their present and emerging technological uses.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats