Terrorist Recognition Handbook: A Practitioner's Manual for Predicting and Identifying Terrorist Activities, Third Edition
First published in 2003, Terrorist Recognition Handbook : A Practitioner's Manual for Predicting and Identifying Terrorist Activities remains one of the only books available to provide detailed information on terrorist methodology-revealing terrorist motivation, organizational structure, planning, financing, and operational tactics to carry out attacks.
This fully revised and updated third edition contains the detailed analysis and history of prior editions with completely new case studies and information on new and emerging terrorist practices and trends. Updates to the third edition include:
- The newest geopolitical challenges and terrorism to emerge from the geopolitical climate post-Arab Spring
- Details on the newest attack tactics and procedures of al-Qaeda including al-Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula, the Islamic Maghreb, and East and North Africa
- Lessons learned from recent terrorist operations and information gained from plots foiled by the FBI in the U.S.
- Current strategic factors and regional variables affecting global terrorism and regional insurgencies
- Potential points of failure in terrorist operations where plots can be most easily detected and disrupted
- The increasing trend of self radicalized, Internet- educated "lone wolf" operations, as demonstrated in the Boston Marathon bombing
- The rebirth of U.S. and European militia groups
Written for counterterrorism practitioners who risk their lives to uncover planned attacks on civilian populations, this book will serve as a guide to train intelligence operatives, law enforcement entities, and military intelligence agents and soldiers to recognize and disrupt the various stages of developing terrorist plots.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats