Sports and Exercise Nutrition
PhD McArdle M.Ed BS William D. (Autor)
DescripcióThis edition of McArdle, Katch, and Katch's respected text reflects the most recent, evidence-based information on how nutrition affects exercise and sports performance. Using high quality research to illustrate teaching points, the authors provide detailed yet accessible coverage of the science of exercise nutrition and bioenergetics, along with valuable insights into how the principles work in the real world of physical activity and sports medicine. New content, new research citations, and new case studies throughout help prepare students for a successful career in exercise science.
- eBook available . Faster, smarter, and more convenient, today's eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- New coverage. The authors provide new and expanded coverage of such key topics as special populations (diabetes, vegan), micronutrients, and exercise and nutrient prioritization.
- New activities and assignments direct students to the USDA's Super Tracker, where they can follow a personalized nutrition and physical activity plan and track their food intake and physical activities.
- New Case Studies. Each chapter contains case studies that connects personal health and exercise nutrition. Studies include real world examples that highlight application of dietary guidelines, weight control, body composition assessments, and practical physical activity recommendations.
- Striking full-color art program featuring more than 500 figures and images to bring the content to life .
- An accessible handbook approach makes detailed and challenging material more accessible.
- Focused organization. The book starts with coverage of the basic science of nutrition, builds on that, and ultimately applies the content to diverse exercise science contexts.
- Built-in learning aids . In every chapter, Test Your Knowledge assessments, Personal Health and Exercise Nutrition boxes, Connections to the Past features, Personal Health and Exercise Nutrition activities, Section Summaries, and Additional Insights help students master key content.
- FYIs interspersed throughout the text help bring timely examples to expand on information in the text.
- References include links to current research to help students expand on their knowledge and learning.
Detalls del producte
Wolters Kluwer Health
Data de publicació
04 de Gener de 2019
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats