Small-Scale Homesteading: A Sustainable Guide to Gardening, Keeping Chickens, Maple Sugaring, Preserving the Harvest, and More
DescripcióA gathering of information and source of inspiration for homesteaders everywhere.
With over thirty-five years of combined experience, homesteaders Stephanie Thurow and Michelle Bruhn have taught thousands of people across the globe how to garden, preserve food, tend backyard chickens, cook from scratch, and care for their families with natural homemade alternatives. Now, their homesteading knowledge and instruction can be found in one place with Small-Scale Homesteading.
In this sustainable guide, learn how to grow your own food, tap maple trees to make gallons of homemade syrup, successfully raise a small flock of laying hens, and more. Other topics include:
- The benefits of small-scale homesteading and its local impacts
- Soil health and composting
- Keeping chickens
- Planning a vegetable garden using annuals and perennials
- DIY recipes and projects for the home and garden
- Seed saving and planting tips
- Handmade candles, soaps, lotions, and cleaning solutions
- Companion and succession planting
- How to extend your growing season
- Explanation of approved food preservation methods and supplied needed
- Maple sugaring
- And so much more!
Detalls del producte
Data de publicació
27 de Abril de 2023
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats