Researching Interactive Communication Behavior: A Sourcebook of Methods and Measures
This sourcebook provides students and researchers with tools for studying communication behaviors through direct observation. It covers both cutting-edge and well-established systems, measurements, and procedures, as well as detailed information on measurement selection, coding, reliability assessment, and analysis.
- An emphasis on observable aspects of behavior grounds readers in the identifiable features of interpersonal and relational interactions for effective application to research.
- Practical guidance on applying measurement systems to actual research allows researchers to immediately use the measures and techniques in their own research.
- Contributions by many of the most well-known and accomplished experts in conducting observational research on social interaction inspire readers to undertake their own original research.
- Reviews of published research put the measures in a theoretical context and provide readers with exemplars for their own research.
- Examples of behaviors (verbal and nonverbal) and how they are represented in the measure or category system help users understand the "meaning" of the categories and their application to actual data.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats