Essential Examination, third edition: Step-by-step guides to clinical examination scenarios with practical tips and key facts fo
Essential Examination is one of the bestselling medical textbooks on the market. It is particularly suitable for medical students preparing for OSCEs and those learning to examine patients.
Now in full colour, the book retains the unique format and approach of the original which has proved so popular:
- Clear, step-by-step guides to each examination, including useful things to say to the patient (or an examiner), detailed descriptions of special tests, etc.
- In a separate column is a collection of key information: potential findings, differential diagnoses of clinical signs and practical tips.
- On the following pages there are facts relating to that particular examination and, in many sections, there are also tips on how to present your findings succinctly - a skill which is crucial to master for exam success.
Over 40,000 copies sold!
This latest edition of Essential Examination has been comprehensively revised and new sections added:
- Neonatal - the 'baby check'
- Female genitalia
- Digital rectal examination
- GALS screening
- Foot and ankle
- Critically ill patient
- Confirming death
If you are learning how to examine patients, or preparing for an OSCE, then you need Essential Examination!
Amazon 5-star reviews:"I rarely write a rave review but this one is warranted. This textbook is AMAZING. It helped me do really well in my third year OSCE."
"This book is by far the best purchase I have made at medical school."
"I love the fact that this book is really condensed - has everything that you need to know about each examination in a couple of pages. Highly recommended to all medical students out there!"
"Must-have book for medical student. It describes the examinations in a clear systematic manner which is easy to remember. It includes aide memoires and tips for getting extra marks in OSCEs. Each examination is also concluded with notes on commonly asked questions by examiners. I have found this book to be a great help for OSCE revision.."
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats