The fourth edition of Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat remains the most extensively illustrated and practical small animal veterinary textbook on the market.
It continues and expands on the revolutionary problem-based approach of the previous three editions, with more than 1100 clinical colour photographs, diagrams, and tables. The book is divided into five color-coded sections - General Approach, Diagnostic Techniques, Disease of Specific Organ Systems, Multisystemic Disorders, and Elements of Therapy. For this edition:
- Case studies are integrated within the relevant chapters for ease of reference.
- The first section on common medical problems now includes abdominal distension, peripheral edema, proteinuria, regurgitation, and seizures.
- Chapters on thoracic and abdominal radiographs are now included in a unique new section on Diagnostic Techniques, encouraging an integrated learning approach.
- The third section contains detailed medical information covering most organ systems, with several chapters completely rewritten and others comprehensively updated to include additional text and images.
- Additional endoscopic, radiographic, CT and MRI images are included alongside clinical photographs: very few veterinary textbooks have such a rich emphasis on photographs.
The practical information is presented with text, tables, and algorithms, while each chapter is arranged to provide the definition of each disorder, its clinical features, the differential diagnoses, the diagnostic methodology, and the treatment and prognosis. The busy veterinarian or student is thus provided with a readily available resource of important clinical information in a clear, brief manner.
Written by board-certified experts, topics are carefully selected to make this a valuable resource for veterinary students as well as for the general practitioner and small animal interns.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats