Clinical Electrophysiology: Electrotherapy and Electrophysiologic Testing
DescripcióOrganized by therapeutic goals, the Third Edition of this comprehensive textbook on electrotherapies provides a fundamental understanding of contemporary, evidence-based intervention and assessment procedures. The text takes a problem-oriented approach and recommends interventions consistent with both theory and the clinical efficacy of the intervention for specific, clearly identified clinical disorders.
This edition has a new chapter on electrical stimulation and biofeedback for genitourinary dysfunction, including incontinence management in both women and men. All the intervention-based chapters have a new format that emphasizes evidence-based practice and practical application. Additional self-study questions are included in each chapter.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- New chapter on Electrical Stimulation and Biofeedback for Genitourinary Dysfunction (Chapter 9) includes topics such as incontinence management in both women and men, and gives solid evidence to support or refute specific procedures.
- New organization
- Chapter on mechanisms of pain transmission and pain control with electrotherapy will be moved up to chapter 4 to make the first four chapters the theoretical basis for the clinical application chapters that follow.
- Chapter on electrophysiologic evaluation will become the last chapter (chapter 12) in order to enable students to meet core educational competencies.
- New chapter format for the intervention chapters (chapters 5-11) adds consistency and clarity to emphasize evidenced-based practice and practical application.
- Additional self-study questions are included in each chapter to enhance understanding of key concepts.
- New emphasis on evidence-based preferential practice patterns.
Detalls del producte
Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Data de publicació
06 de Octubre de 2007
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats