Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course
"With great rigour, yet an enviable lightness of touch, Susan Pickard has written an engaging and accessible book that students will love."
- Rosaline Gill, City University London
"A scholarly tour de force that brings into focus the various disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that have transformed us into modern subjects of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating approach to the study of age and ageing in contemporary society. Encompassing ageing throughout the life course, taking in childhood, adolescence, mid-life and older age, and situated explicitly within a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies :
- Explores current social science debates on the study of ageing linking these to core sociological concepts.
- Links theory and application, using a variety of examples and international case studies
- Includes chapter summaries, further reading and guided questions.
A thought-provoking companion to advanced undergraduates and postgraduate student studying ageing, older people, social gerontology and related courses.
Detalls del producte
Obtingues ingressos recomanant llibres
Genera ingressos compartint enllaços dels teus llibres favorits a través del programa d’afiliats.Uneix-te al programa d’afiliats